Rates for 2018 at Flatdogs Camp – great value Zambia safari
The Fine Print
- Luangwa Conservation & Community Fund (LCCF) is a small charge added to each guest’s bill which is divided equally between conservation and community projects in the Luangwa Valley. Flatdogs divides its LCCF between the Conservation South Luangwa and Project Luangwa which work towards conserving our unique environment and improving the livelihoods of local people. You can read more about the LCCF on our Community page.
- All above rates are in US$ per person per night and assumes occupancy of 2 people unless otherwise stated.
- ZAWA Park fees $25 per day for International visitors (0600hrs-2000hrs). Unfortunately park fees have been known to increase without warning and if this happens any increase will be passed onto guests.
- ZAWA Park fees $30 per day for self drive visitors (0600hrs-1800hrs).
- Please note that visitors to the Park are not allowed to self-drive in open safari vehicles. Guests can drive their own closed vehicles (only until 18h00), but may not take open vehicles into the National Park unless they have a valid South Luangwa guide’s licence. Also, guests staying at Flatdogs Camp may not hire outside operators to conduct game-viewing activities.
- ZAWA Park fees $20 per day for SADC residents.
- For guests staying on our room only rate Safari Activities cost $75 in high season (01 Jul – 31 Oct) and $64 in low season (15 Mar – 30 Jun and 01 Nov – 15 Jan). Airport transfers cost $29 per person for a minimum of two people.
- Children under four years will be charged $46.50 per night for the Safari package and stay free of charge in accommodation as long as least one parent is with them!
- Drinks and items of a personal nature (shop etc) are not included in any rates.
- Private vehicle rates are available on request.
- Payment in full required 30 days before travel unless otherwise arranged.
- Provisional bookings will generally be held for 14 days following which a 25% deposit (50% deposit for accommodation only reservations) should be paid or the booking will be released.
All Zambia safari cost include VAT, service charge and Tourism Levy which are part of the Zambia safari cost
Deposit and Cancellation Policy
Once you are ready to make a booking with us, we ask for a 25% deposit on safari package bookings or a 50% deposit on accommodation only bookings in order to confirm and hold the space for you. Our cancellation policy is:
91 days or more – no charge
91 – 30 days before your safari – 25% cancellation
Within 30 days before your safari – 100% cancellation
So please make sure you have adequate travel insurance to cover your Zambia safari cost, just in case something unexpected happens. We also recommend that guests have full medical evacuation insurance cover as we are by choice in a remote part of a remote country and the nearest local hospital does not always have a Doctor present.