Rates for 2015 and 2016
Rates — broken down by accommodation type
2015 Chalet and Safari Tent Rates – Chalet & Tent Rates 2015
2016 Chalet and Safari Tent Rates –Chalet & Tent Rates 2016
2015 Jackalberry Treehouse and the New Croc Nest Rates – Treehouse & Croc Nest Rates 2015
2016 Jackalberry Treehouse Rates – Treehouse Rates 2016
2016 Croc Nest Rates – Crocodile Nest Rates 2016
The Fine Print
- Luangwa Conservation & Community Fund (LCCF) is a small charge added to each guest’s bill which is divided equally between conservation and community projects in the Luangwa Valley. Flatdogs divides its LCCF between the South Luangwa Conservation Society and Project Luangwa which work towards conserving our unique environment and improving the livelihoods of local people. You can read more about the LCCF on our Community page.
- All above rates are in US$ per person per night and assumes occupancy of 2 people unless stated.
- ZAWA Park fees $25 per day for International visitors (0600hrs-2000hrs). Unfortunately park fees have been known to increase without warning and if this happens any increase will be passed onto guests.
- ZAWA Park fees $30 per day for self drive visitors (0600hrs-1800hrs).
- ZAWA Park fees $20 per day for SADAC residents.
- For guests staying on our room only rate Safari Activities cost $75 in high season (01 Jul – 31 Oct) and $64 in low season (15 Mar – 30 Jun and 01 Nov – 15 Jan). Airport transfers cost $29 per person for a minimum of two people.
- Children under four years will be charged $46.50 per night for the Safari package and stay free of charge in accommodation as long as least one parent is with them!
- Drinks and items of a personal nature (shop, internet, etc) are not included in any rates.
- Private vehicle rates are available on request.
- Payment in full required 30 days before travel unless otherwise arranged.
- Provisional bookings will generally be held for 14 days following which a 25% deposit (50% deposit for accommodation only reservations) should be paid or the booking will be released.
All the above rates include VAT and service charge
Deposit and Cancellation Policy
Once you are ready to make a booking with us, we ask for a 25% deposit on safari package bookings or a 50% deposit on accommodation only bookings in order to confirm and hold the space for you. Our cancellation policy is:
91 days or more no charge
91 – 30 days before your safari – 25% cancellation
Within 30 days before your safari – 100% cancellation
So please make sure you have adequate travel insurance to cover you, just in case something unexpected happens. We also recommend that guests have full medical evacuation insurance cover as we are by choice in a remote part of a remote country and the nearest local hospital (X-ray facilities only) is several hours away on a bumpy dirt road.